Let’s dive into Coding ♥️
code curious wants to give absolute beginners the opportunity and community to learn the technologies needed to build their own website, with a hands-on introduction to a web framework called Ruby on Rails. Attendees will be guided by coaches in building a website using our tutorials.
We provide a unique learning environment to not only support, but also further motivate women* who want to code, but don’t have the right environment to do so. We are a community, so this event often is the ignition point for a career change (even if it takes a while) for many of our attendees.
Installation get-together: 13.03.2020, 18:30 – 20:30
Workshop: 14.03.2020, 10:00 - 18:00
somewhere in Berlin
The workshop is geared towards women, non-binary and trans people with no coding experience. Applications are not open yet.
Are a Rails coach? Applications are not open yet.
If you want to stay up to date for the workshop applications, please register for our newsletter.
- Registration starts: probably February
- Registration ends: probably February
- Confirmation email sent: probably March
Friday, 13th of March - Installation Get-together
- 18:30 – 20:30: Install all programs for the workshop and say hello to other attendees and coaches
Saturday, 14th of March - Workshop Day
- 10:00 - 10:30: Coffee & Registration. You will find your group and coach and make yourself comfortable.
- 10:30 – 11:00: Welcome Intro by code curious
- 11:00 – 12:00: Introduction to web application basics
- 12:00 - 13:00: Get to know your group and start working with Ruby coding language.
- 13:00 – 14:00: Lunch
- 14:00 – 14:30: Lightning Talks
- 14:30 – 17:30: Code in groups You will dive into building your first web application.
- 17:30 - 18:00: Final talk on continuing your coding journey
What to bring?
You will need a laptop (don’t forget your charging cable). If you don’t have a laptop, let us know by email! We can try to arrange one for you.
We did not decide on the venue yet.
Not clear yet.
We strive to make our events as inclusive as possible. If there is something we can provide, you can contact any of the organisers.
Code of ConductAll events are covered under the Berlin Code of Conduct. Additionally, steps will be taken to ensure the privacy and safety of members attending.
Reporting GuidelinesIf you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a community organizer as soon as possible.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Via Twitter direct messages @codecurious_bln.