Let’s dive into Coding ♥️
code curious wants to give absolute beginners the opportunity and community to learn the technologies needed to build their own website, with a hands-on introduction to a web framework called Ruby on Rails. Attendees will be guided by coaches in building a website using our tutorials.
We provide a unique learning environment to not only support, but also further motivate women* who want to code, but don’t have the right environment to do so. We are a community, so this event often is the ignition point for a career change (even if it takes a while) for many of our attendees.
Installation get-together: 06.12.2019, 18:30 – 20:30
Workshop: 07.12.2019, 10:00 - 18:00
ShareNow, Brunnenstraße 19-21, Berlin
The workshop is geared towards women* with no coding experience. Apply Here
Are a Rails coach? Apply here to coach at this workshop.
- Registration starts: 1 November
- Registration ends: 20 November
- Confirmation email sent: 30 November
Friday, 6 December - Installation Get-together
- 18:30 – 20:30: Install all programs for the workshop and say hello to other attendees and coaches
Saturday, 7 December - Workshop Day
- 10:00 - 10:30: Coffee & Registration. You will find your group and coach and make yourself comfortable.
- 10:30 – 11:00: Welcome Intro by code curious
- 11:00 – 12:00: Introduction to web application basics
- 12:00 - 13:00: Get to know your group and start working with Ruby coding language.
- 13:00 – 14:00: Lunch (It will be provided by Share Now)
- 14:00 – 14:30: Lightning Talks
- 14:30 – 17:30: Code in groups You will dive into building your first web application.
- 17:30 - 18:00: Final talk on continuing your coding journey
What to bring?
You will need a laptop (don’t forget your charging cable). If you don’t have a laptop, let us know by email! We can try to arrange one for you.
We will meet in ShareNow’s office at Brunnenstraße 19-21, Berlin.
The venue is wheelchair accessible through the side entrance on Veteranenstraße. Toilets are also accessible.
Dogs are allowed on site, but please bring your dog only if they are very quiet and do not disturb everyone. Be considerate and respectful of other people’s fears and write us an email in advance if plan on bringing your dog.
We strive to make our events as inclusive as possible. If there is something we can provide, you can contact any of the organisers.